For the second year, our friends at PhotoShelter are awarding a grant to an emerging photographer to attend the Northern Short Course in Fairfax, Va. from March 2-4, 2017. This three-day event is packed with more than two dozen workshops on a variety of topics relevant to professionals and students in the field of visual journalism.
The scholarship includes:
– Tuition to the Northern Short Course in Fairfax, Va.
– Up to $200 for travel and accommodations
– A free PhotoShelter Pro account for one year
To qualify, participants must be working photographers who have been shooting professionally (i.e. being paid for their work) for seven years or less.
To apply, submit up to a 300 word essay that:
-Describes your academic/photographic accomplishments
– States your goals for your photography career
– Explains why attending the Northern Short Course will help you achieve your goals
– A link to your online portfolio
Please also include: Your name, where you live, your age, and the year you began shooting professionally.
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com no later than MIDNIGHT ET on Friday, Feb. 17, 2017. Recipients will be notified on Tuesday, February 20th.
Note: If you have already registered for the event, you are still eligible! We will take care of reimbursements if provided with receipts.